Frequently Asked Questions
The hunting concessions are all located in various different parts of Southern Africa and depending on your wishlist, we will bring you to thearea best suited to your safari and ensure a successful safari with top quality trophies and an experience of a lifetime.
“Plains game” refers to all the non-dangerous African animals such as Impala, Kudu, Zebra, Wildebeest, etc.
Daily rates cover accommodation in a comfortable, luxury hunting lodge, gourmet meals, non-alcoholic drinks & snacks, beer, wine, daily laundry, hunting licenses, services of a qualified professional hunter plus team of trackers/skinners and field dressing and preparation of trophies (caping & drying). If you purchased a package deal, all these amenities are included.
All road transfers during your hunt, hunting vehicles, recovery teams. Your ‘’PH’’ professional hunter will have good tri – pod shooting sticks, but if you favor a certain type, please be sure to bring it along.
We offer 51 available species across all of our hunting concessions. The cost for each animal is called it’s “trophy fee”.
For available species and costs, please refer to the “Trophy Fees” section on our pricelist, or send us an e mail for a detailed list and quote.
Some species may occur on certain concessions only or the quality of some species may be better in some areas than others, therefore it is good to inquire from us should you not be 100% sure.
Your hunt package/ Daily rates does not include the following:
- Flights to and from South Africa.
- 35 – 40 mins flight from Johannesburg to the nearest airport as discussed with your outfitter ahead of time.
We can assist with the booking of this flight.
- Should you wish to be picked up and dropped off in Johannesburg, we can arrange it at an agreed upon rate for your group.
- Accommodation before or after the start of your hunt
- Your arrival day and departure day is free of charge.
- Hard Liquor.
- Rifle rental @ $55/day + ammunition at cost price.
- Trophy fees on any animals shot or wounded outside of your package price if a package was bought.
- Delivery of trophies to Red Dune Taxidermy ($100/hunter)
- Dipping & Packing or Taxidermy charges
- Shipping trophies back to home country
- Gratuities (at your discretion) to professional hunter, tracker & skinners and other staff. We will supply a suggested list.
• Depending on availability on our hunting areas and lodges, we can accommodate you on safari on very short notice, although, to prepare properly, we prefer 6 months in advance for your bookings.
• Booking at short notice might leave you with a fully booked camp at your preferred time. Most safaris are booked 6 to 12 months in advance. We except bookings up to 2 years in advance.
• To book your hunt and any side trips, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com cell: +27 83 23 63 293. Alternative no. +27 720234399.
• Luke Gerhart is conveniently situated in the USA and bookings can be done directly through him. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 530 330 0412
• Once we receive your request for a booking we will help you step by step. We offer services from a very well experienced travel agent along with our personal expertise from over 10 years of experience in the industry.
• We offer fantastic side trips to Cape Town, Kruger park and Victoria Falls also